Last Updated 10/4/22
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? Yes
- Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions affecting international travel to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the Official Site of the Government of Bolivia on COVID-19 for updated information on these measures.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, for unvaccinated travelers
- Travelers to Bolivia must comply with the following requirements:
- Present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate, or
- Present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test (for persons older than 5 years) taken no more than 72 hours prior to embarkation, or
- Present a negative COVID-19 nasal antigen test (for persons older than 5 years) no more than 48 hours prior to embarkation.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Numerous private and public clinics throughout Bolivia offer COVID-19 testing. For a comprehensive list of COVID-19 testing centers, please visit our medical assistance page.
- The designated government agency regulating COVID-19 testing in Bolivia is the Servicio Departamental de Salud (SEDES).
- There are 9 branches of SEDES in the 9 Departments of Bolivia.
- First step is to contact SEDES for evaluation at 800-10-2930.
- Antigen and RT-PCR tests are both widely available. The two available tests are the Quick Test and the PCR test.
- The tests are available at most private labs and in some hospitals.
- The price for an Antigen test is around 150bs. The cost for a RT-PCR test is approximately 450bs.
- COVID-19 tests results can be issued by email, text messages or physical copies.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Bolivia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- For information about availability of COVID-19 vaccines, please visit the Official Site of the Government of Bolivia on COVID-19.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.