Location: Toro Toro, Department of Potosi.
Event: Protestors in Toro Toro have implemented a roadblock on the road to Toro Toro National Park. This blockade has stopped vehicles transporting tourists from entering the park. The size, scope, and duration of this roadblock is unknown. There have been no reported acts of violence.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through road blocks forcibly.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Plan for alternate travel routes in case of road blocks.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter