Location: Santa Cruz Department
Event: Multiple Bolivian civic groups have announced plans for a general strike and blockades in the department of Santa Cruz on July 9, 2019. The expected size and duration of the demonstrations, as well as exact locations of blockades of streets and highways, is unknown.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the ABC website for official reports at http://transitabilidad.abc.gob.bo/mapa/.
- Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through road blocks forcibly.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter