Location: Nationwide, concentrating in major cities of Bolivia.
Event: Multiple Bolivian civic groups throughout the country have announced demonstrations beginning at 00:00 on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 to mark “Bolivian Democracy Day.” Demonstrations may include work stoppages, road blockades, rallies, and marches. Roadblocks may prevent travel between airports and city centers. Demonstrators nationwide plan to gather throughout the day in the main plazas in different cities of Bolivia with rallies called at 18:00 in:
- Cochabamba – Plaza San de las Banderas, Parque Kanata Plaza Colon, Plaza Tarija, and Plaza Sucre, among others
- La Paz – Plaza San Francisco and/or UMSA
- Santa Cruz – Plaza del Estudiante, Plaza 24 de Septiembre, and Plaza Chiringuano
The expected size and scope of the demonstrations are unknown.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Plan for alternate travel routes in case of road blocks. If travel from the airport is inhibited, remain at the airport until roadblocks have
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours) ConsularLaPazACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444