Location: La Paz
Event: Transportation and drivers unions in La Paz have announced plans for protests on August 27, 2019, to include multiple road blockades around the city. The method, scope, and duration of the blockades is unknown, but any blockade can be expected to affect transit, and even protests that begin peacefully can become confrontational at a moment’s notice.
Actions to Take:
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through road blocks forcibly.
- Monitor the ABC website for official reports at http://transitabilidad.abc.gob.bo/mapa/.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter