Location: Nationwide, concentrating in main plazas and avenues of major cities.
Event: Multiple Bolivian civic groups throughout the country have announced demonstrations and counter-demonstrations on February 21, 2019. The expected size and duration of the demonstrations are unknown. Currently the U.S. Embassy is unaware of any announced work stoppages or blockades.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through demonstrations or road blocks forcibly.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter