Message for U.S. Citizens – Federal Holiday Monday, December 24, 2018 and Planning for a Possible Lapse in Appropriations
Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
December 20, 2018
This message is to advise the public that the Embassy in La Paz and the Consular Agency in Santa Cruz will be closed on December 24, 2018. The Embassy and the Consular Agency will resume normal operations on Wednesday, December 26th, 2018.
It is currently uncertain whether another continuing resolution or full-year appropriation will be enacted in time to prevent a lapse in appropriations. In the event of a lapse of appropriations, consular operations, including visa and passport services, domestically and abroad would remain open. Consular operations are fee-funded and should remain fully operational as long as there are sufficient fees to support operations.
U.S. citizens with emergencies should call +591 2 216 8000 or send a message via WhatsApp to +591 6127 3472. Questions regarding immigrant visa appointments should be directed to ConsularLaPazIV@state.gov.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Bolivia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia, located at 2780 Arce Avenue in La Paz, at +591-2-216-8000 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +591-2-216-8000.
- Contact the U.S. Consular Agency in Santa Cruz, located at Radial Castilla, S/N, Across from the Colegio Santo Tomás playing field, at +591-2-216-8000 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +591-2-216-8000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).