Find Job Openings
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Bolivia. To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Bolivia and to apply online, please visit our ERA site.
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
To assist you in understanding how to create an account and successfully apply for the job(s) in which you are interested, we have provided a step-by-step video (Job Applicant Guide), as well as guidance document (Job Applicant User Guide) for each stage of the process. These can be found under the MORE ABOUT APPLYING portion or on the right sidebar of this webpage.
Once in ERA, please click on the vacancy that interests you and review all the information about it, like duties and qualifications required.
ERA will help you by:
- Reducing your time completing your application
- Increasing your communication with the mission during the recruitment process
- No more paper applications
What will be changing?
- ALL applicants MUST apply using the internet interface
- ERA will rank applicants using vacancy-specific questions
Please keep in mind that:
- Applications that do not meet the requirements described in Vacancy Announcement will not be considered
- The Embassy does not contact all candidates that have applied for positions – only those qualified and selected.
- If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package. However, we encourage you to keep applying,
- US Citizens applying for vacant positions do not have preference in hiring
- All applicants must legally reside in Bolivia and be legally eligible to work in the country in order to apply
Always read the Open To for every Vacancy Announcement
- Open to: All Interested Candidates – Anyone with Bolivian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply.
- Open to: Current Employees of the Mission – Anyone who is currently employed by the U.S. Mission Bolivia may apply. Third Party Contractors are not eligible.
- Open to: USEFMs only – Only U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (Direct family members of American Officers assigned to La Paz) may apply. USEFMs may also apply to the above “Open to” categories.
For more information, please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.