Event: The Bolivian Medical Association has announced plans for a 24-hour strike on Thursday,
September 27, 2018; medical associations at the departmental level are also expected to organize
protests in their respective cities. Due to the nature of the strike, the availability of medical and
pharmaceutical services in Bolivia, as well as the duration of the strike, will be unclear and
dependent on day-to-day developments. U.S. citizens should take this uncertainty into account
when planning travel and take precautionary measures.
Actions to Take:
- Take precautionary measures to obtain needed medications and medical services prior to
the announced strike.
- Make contingency plans for routine and emergency medical services.
- Monitor local media for updates
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter