U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
U.S. EMBASSY LA PAZ
Notice of Funding Opportunity
Funding Opportunity Title: Fondo de Pequeños Proyectos Inspira
State Alumni Bolivia- ISAB
Funding Opportunity Number: PAS-Alumni-FY18
Deadline for Applications: August 28, 2108
CFDA Number: 19.040
Total Amount Available: $15,000
Maximum for each award: $3,000
A. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The U.S. Embassy in Bolivia through its Office of Alumni Programs invites all past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to participate in the competition “Fondo de Pequeños Proyectos Inspira – State Alumni Bolivia- ISAB”. ISAB provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects using the skills and knowledge they gained during their exchange experiences
Priority Region: (Bolivia)
The competition seeks to invigorate the talents of scholarship grantees and alumni through implementation of small projects.
Participants and Audiences:
Past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs
B. FEDERAL AWARD INFORMATION
Length of performance period: 1 to 12 months
Number of awards anticipated: Five to ten (dependent on amounts)
Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $3,000
Total available funding: $15,000
Type of Funding: FY18 Public Diplomacy Funds,
Anticipated program start date: 09-01-2018
This notice is subject to availability of funding.
Funding Instrument Type: Grant
Program Performance Period: Proposed programs should be completed in 12 months or less.
C. ELIGILIBITY INFORMATION
1. Eligible Applicants
ISAB offers small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs in Bolivia to develop innovative projects in the following areas:
• Empowerment of women and girls
• Entrepreneurship and economic opportunities
• Cooperation in science, technology
• Education and inclusion: paths to success
• Participants must register with the International Exchange Alumni website, http://alumni.state.gov. (Note: For registration instructions, you can write to email@example.com or call 216-8017 during office hours).
• The team must be comprised of at least four (4) members. The more participants in a team (current scholarship grantees and/or alumni) the greater the possibilities to be selected.
Applications must be submitted no later than August 26, 2018 through the online plataform http://bit.ly/ISAB2018
The funds of this grant cannot be used to pay:
• Air tickets to or from the United States
• Continued staff salaries, office space, and/or overhead costs
• Large items or durable equipment (vehicles, large mechanical equipment)
• Excessive food, refreshment, or entertainment costs; alcoholic drinks
• Academic research
• Provision of direct social services to the community (for example, funds cannot be used to buy books or medicines to donate to a community.) However, funds can be spent to buy books that will be used in a training or sensitization campaign in a community.)
• Partisan political activities
• Religious activities
Competition winners are required to submit reports according to the amount of the award and implementation timeline. Additionally, they are required to report on project progress on the International Exchange Alumni website and on the Facebook alumni profile/group.
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org