Subject: Security Alert: Landslide in La Paz
Location: La Paz
Event: A landslide in La Paz, in the Sopocachi Bajo / Llojeta neighborhood, has closed off the Kantutani / Costanera Avenue between the Zona Sur and downtown La Paz, as well as the Trillizo Bridges and the Yellow Teleférico line. The closures will have a major effect on transit throughout the city.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the ABC website for official reports at http://transitabilidad.abc.gob.bo/mapa/.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Do not attempt to traverse roads affected by landslides and flooding.
+(591) (2) 216-8246
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
– State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates