Location: Ruta Nacional 3, between La Paz and the Yungas
Event: Protestors are carrying out roadblocks in the Yungas region northeast of La Paz, currently affecting travel near Unduavi, Yolosa, Caranavi, Guanay, and Palos Blancos. The exact size, scope, and duration of the protests is unknown.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the ABC website for official reports at http://transitabilidad.abc.gob.bo/mapa/
- Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through road blocks forcibly.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter