Location: Bolivian roads and highways
Event: Seasonal rains have caused landslides and flooding, and forced road and bridge closures on affected roads. The Bolivian Highway Administration (ABC) reported eight road closures across the country over the weekend, including roads in the El Choro and Caranavi areas where at least 15 people have died due to degraded road conditions, according to local media.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the ABC website for official reports at http://transitabilidad.abc.gob.bo/mapa/.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Do not attempt to traverse roads affected by landslides and flooding.
- – U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8246
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter