Location: El Alto
Event: Given current civil unrest, U.S. citizens in El Alto should avoid area around the Senkata gas plant. Also, demonstrations have been announced for November 21st close to El Alto International Airport. Protestors may cut off road access to the airport for an unknown period of time.
Actions to Take:
- Contact airlines to confirm your flight prior to going to the airport.
- Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Do not attempt to pass through road blocks forcibly.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- Monitor local media for updates on road conditions.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter