Location: Chuquisaca Department, concentrating in capital city of Sucre.
Event: Protestors continue to implement roadblocks in and around Sucre and Chuquisaca Department, including main entrance and exit roads and roads to and from the airport. The ongoing demonstrations have closed the airport and have severely limited transportation options and other services around the city. The duration of these ongoing demonstrations is unknown; there have been no reported acts of violence.
Actions to Take:
Limit travel in the area and plan for alternate travel routes in case of roadblocks. Avoid roadblocks and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests. Do not attempt to pass through roadblocks forcibly. Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8246 +(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter