United States Embassy, La Paz, November 11, 2019
Location: La Paz
Given current civil unrest and an evolving security situation, as noted in the Travel Advisory update for Bolivia of November 8, U.S. diplomats and their family members in Bolivia were instructed to shelter at home until 5:00AM, November 12.
Actions to take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds; be prepared to remain at home if necessary.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Have evacuation plans that do not require U.S. government assistance.
- Contact your airline or travel agency prior to travel, and make contingency plans to leave the country.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Bolivia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates