Event: Possible civil unrest and demonstrations associated with the Bolivian presidential inauguration that will take place on November 8, 2020.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates on demonstrations and security conditions.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
- Limit plans for travel to and around Bolivia.
- Plan for alternate travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter