The U.S. Embassy in La Paz has reports of an active shooting between Velarde and Irala Avenues in the center of Santa Cruz. The Embassy recommends that all U.S. citizens avoid the affected area. Monitor local media for the latest updates.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Bolivia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia, located at 2780 Arce Avenue in La Paz, at +591-2-216-8246 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +591-2-216-8500.
- Contact the U.S. Consular Agency in Santa Cruz, located at Radial Castilla, S/N, Across from the Colegio Santo Tomás playing field, at +591-3-351-3477 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +591-2-216-8500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).