August 1, 2019
Bolivia – Level 1: Exercise normal precautions in Bolivia.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 1 ‘Practice Usual Precautions’ notice on July 19, 2019 due to an outbreak of hemorrhagic fever in Bolivia.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Bolivia:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Bolivia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued after Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notice released on July 19, 2019
- U.S. Embassy La Paz, Bolivia
+(591) (2) 216-8000
+(591) (2) 216-8500 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888) 407-4747 or +1 (202) 501-4444
- Bolivia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter