Child and Family Matters

Bolivia is a party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Inter-country Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention). All adoptions between Bolivia and the United States must meet requirements of the Convention and U.S. law implementing the Convention. For in-depth information on Adoptions in Bolivia please visit our Adoption page.

Birth and Eligibility for a Consular Report of Birth
A child born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may be eligible for U.S. citizenship if the parent(s) meets the requirements for transmitting U.S. citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act. U.S. citizens eligible to transmit citizenship are required to file for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

Getting Married in Bolivia
For detailed information on getting married in Bolivia please visit our Getting Married in Bolivia page.