Documentation Required for Exportation of Remains/Ashes/Cremains
To facilitate the exportation of the remains, the Embassy prepares a Consular Mortuary Certificate which includes flight details and consignee and incorporates the following documents:
- An official Bolivian Death Certificate, which is a certificate issued by the local Bolivian Civil Registry;
- Permit from the city (municipalidad) to export remains;
- Certificate of Embalming, which document certifies the chemicals that were used for embalming the body and is issued by the funeral home;
- A Consular Mortuary Certificate issued by the Consular Section;
- Affidavit by the Local Bolivian Mortician, which should be attached to the consular Mortuary Certificate, and must state that the casket contains only the body of the deceased and the necessary clothing and packing. This document is prepared by the Embassy;
- Transit Label issued by the Consular Section.