International Parental Child Abduction

The Government of the United States has designated the Office of Children’s Issues of the Department of State as its central authority for child abduction cases.

Please click here for general information on the Office of Children’s Issues and international child abduction.

The Embassy and the Consular Agency can monitor the welfare of children involved in custody disputes when the child is in Bolivia.  If you require legal representation, please click here to access a list of local attorneys.

If you believe your child is in the process of being abducted by a parent, legal guardian, or someone acting on their behalf, please contact the local police at 110 and contact the Office of Children’s Issues (24 hours) at 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. and Canada) or +1-202-501-4444 (from outside the United States).

If you have any questions regarding preventing international parental child abductions, please e-mail

For general abduction questions, please e-mail: